Dane County is an environmental national leader, and is setting an examples for the power of local government. I have already jumped to action for residents who have raised concerns to me.
Key points raised from you:
- State wetland protection rollbacks
- Abundant aquatic plants
- Understanding lake level issues
- Impact of leaf disposal on phosphorus in the lake
- Zero waste events
More on my environmental expertise:
- Letter to the editor: Buckingham has the knowledge to clean up waterways
- Degrees from UW-Madison Geography Department and Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
I have been volunteering in the community for a long time, I have shared here what I've learned from those experiences, as well as what I've heard from you.
Key points that you have raised:
- Health services brought to you
- Mental health first aid
- Fight for local control
More about my community leadership:
- Letter to the editor: Tanya Buckingham will be great rep on Dane County Board District 24
- Masters from Adler University in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, with an emphasis on Social Justice. This training is essentially understanding the psychology of how groups function, and how to improve them—something useful to all groups!
a LEAder who listens to you
I have enjoyed getting to know you over the last several months, and I look forward to deepening our connection. I hope you'll come to me with things that excite you, challenge you, and concern you if I am your next county board supervisor. Here are the things I've been working on already, examples of how I'm ready to jump in to support you, and what is important to you.
- Joined committed citizen group to fight Dark Store Loophole
- Listened to how some of the most vulnerable in our community would like to be included in policy
More on my leadership: